Understanding and interacting with not-for-profit organisations is becoming an important aspect of executive jobs in large organisations. Pilotlight is helping me to get very meaningful experience in that area, and in a “safe” environment. It is great to be able to make a contribution while developing essential skills.
JB Renard, Regional Group Vice President
Europe and Southern Africa, BP
The expertise needed by charities lies within companies, whether in management, strategic planning, financial control, marketing, PR, human resources or other business skills.
Why is Pilotlight attractive to companies?
- It provides cost-effective opportunities for the personal development of business leaders in a different environment
- Senior employees find this leads to a refreshed, broader perspective and a better appreciation of themselves and their contribution
- It provides access to a network of senior business professionals
- It enables senior staff to demonstrate corporate social responsibility in a way that aligns perfectly with the company's activities - Pilotlighting asks for the skills they practise every day
- It enables staff to contribute their skills with the utmost sensitivity to their often hectic schedule through Pilotlight's careful management of the process
Pilotlight is frequently used by HR and Leadership Development teams as an offering to their senior staff.
We also appeal to Community Affairs professionals who have been searching for a way to engage their senior management.
Here are just some of our corporate partners
How can my company join Pilotlight?
Pilotlight is a registered charity and sustainable on member donations. Corporate donations cover the intensive brokerage Pilotlight provides, as well as:
- Regular evaluation of the impact your staff are having on the charities with which they work
- Activity reports for all of your Pilotlighters
Please contact Fiona Halton on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to request a proposal.