Pilotlight announces the 12 charity leaders selected for its 2019 Bursary Initiative
Posted 02 Jul 2019 | Our News
We are delighted to announce that we have now selected all 12 charity leaders who will participate in our 2019 Bursary Initiative.
Due to the success of our Bursary Initiative last year, funding was secured for a new cohort of bursaries to enable charity leaders to be Pilotlighters on our Pilotlight Programme this year.
Our 2019 Bursary Pilotlighters are:
- Stella Boulougari, Senior Mass Market Fundraising Manager, Versus Arthritis
- Susie Brown, CEO, Zest
- Kate Carroll, Head of Charity, Nisa Retail Foundation
- Pat Fitzsimons, Director, Women for Change Consultancy
- Matthew Hickey, CEO, The Children’s Literacy Charity
- John Hinton, Executive Director and Founder, Move On
- Andrea Kilvington, CEO, Choices
- Katherine Mathieson, CEO, British Science Association
- Alison Miller, CEO, St Francis’ Children’s Society
- Wayne Myslik, CEO, Consonant
- David Robinson, CEO, LD:NorthEast
- Janet Thorne, CEO, Reach Volunteering
Each one will be matched with three other senior leaders from public and private sector organisations and invited to join a project – supporting one of our great charity partners over the course of a year. It’s an opportunity to both add their expertise to our unique programme and take back learning to their own organisations.
Rebecca Packwood, Chief Executive, Age Exchange, 2018 Bursary Pilotlighter, commented on her experience:
"I was delighted to be awarded a Pilotlighter bursary last year and the experience has lived up to my expectations. On a personal level I’ve found it hugely motivating and it's given me a boost in terms of my thinking about my own organisation, and I’ve really enjoyed working with highly experienced people from other sectors. Professionally it’s challenged me to think about the nature of success in the voluntary sector which has involved some quite fundamental thinking about business models and vision."